Signs I am nesting:
1. I wake up at 3:30 a.m. and can’t fall immediately back to sleep. I contemplate getting out of bed and just going downstairs to knock some items off the old to-do list.
2. The other night I wrapped up a cardboard box from Target to make it prettier. It will hold burpcloths. I spent about 30 minutes doing this. It does not look pretty. And- 30 minutes? To wrap a cardboard box? Ridiculous. Who else would do that but a slightly compulsive pregnant woman?
3. My husband is painting my kitchen right now. (Nesting task was delegated out).
4. Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning. And organizing. I dropped off about 7 bags at Salvation Army yesterday.
5. I fought the urge to rearrange and really clean out our back porch closet/shed thing yesterday. Again- who else but a compulsive pregnant woman would have to stop herself from tackling that project?
I’m now on week 35 of my pregnancy. When I think of what I want to get done before the baby comes, I feel like I don’t have much time left. When I walk around or do anything besides sit on my butt, I feel like I still have forever.