A sampling of things that have left my house over the past few days:
1. A cheap-o little rug that I had in front of the kitchen sink. It was old as the hills, an ugly shade of green, and served no purpose. I don’t remember why I put it there, but I’m glad it’s gone.
2. Clothes that I like on Chicken, but she does not. I go through this battle with her every once in a while, then re-realize that I don’t care how she dresses enough to keep pushing clothes on her that she doesn’t like. I pick different battles. And she dresses herself pretty weird. We call it “fancy”.
3. Toys that are no longer played with. Monkey got some pretty awesome new trains and train sets for his birthday. Kid could play with Thomas all day, every day. (When he’s not making dirt cakes outside, that is). I love seeing the kids enjoy the heck out of their new toys. And it makes me itchy to get rid of some old ones. Out with a few books and some stuffed animals.
4. AN EMBARRASSING AMOUNT OF THINGS THAT I HAVE BORROWED FROM OTHER PEOPLE, OR THAT HAVE BEEN LEFT AT MY HOUSE. All caps because the quantity is startling. A bag of clothes, a book, dishes, and dvds, to name a few. I have a “return to others” pile in the corner of my bedroom that is almost empty. Shockingly, the room looks so much nicer without a pile of things there. Who knew?
5. Old, used checkbooks. I don’t know why I save these, when we can see all of our checks online anytime.
Happy Friday! My husband is running 6 miles tomorrow and 28 on Sunday- up and down a mountain, twice! Wheee! I know no one else can compete with that. So what subpar, lazy things are you doing?