1. Writing again because my friend Carolyn remarked that she misses my blog posts and two people “liked” her comment so THE MASSES HAVE SPOKEN.2. I was feeling frustrated by the mess in the playroom yesterday so I decided to get rid of 30 things today. (Remember this challenge?) I started with two board games that my kids play once every six months, yet somehow the pieces end up strewn everywhere and in every room in the house. Goodwill. Plus 28 more things.
3. Here is life with four kids: We arrive at the pool. One of the kids announces he feels sick. Said kid pukes in his brothers’ brand new sand bucket. (Fills it almost to the top. So gross.) Brother/bucket owner is, understandably, sad. Maybe even a little distraught. A friend watches the baby while I take Puker and Brother up to the bathroom to dump out the puke and get Puker some water. Fourth child wanders the pool grounds.
We stay for two more hours.
Mom of four does not let a little thing like puke send her packing up those kids. Do you know how much effort it takes to get four kids to the pool? Mucho. Puke and rally, kiddo!
(He was fiiiiine).
4. Speaking of four kids, the end is nigh! We are almost finished diapering baby butts! Imagine how rough those cloth diapers look, then imagine them a little bit rougher. They are threadbare and barely hanging on, but I am nothing if not committed.
5. Remember my meal plan? Sometime in March I decided I could not eat another round of those meals again. I have been looking for a few good recipes to start over with ever since. I have a good number of meals in place, but I welcome any easy addition you can offer. Bonus points if it is freezable.
6. Summertime means a loose schedule around here. Daily chores, daily devotions, daily activity, daily rest time. Repeat repeat. We are off to a good start. Schedules don’t work for everyone, but they are my good friend for the long weeks of summer. I post it on the fridge for all to reference and enjoy.
What works for you in the summer? Schedules or total go with the flow all day, every day? And- any easy recipes I should try?